This course examines entrepreneurship and the components of starting and operating a business. It also focuses on the role of the entrepreneur in our economy and our community. Through the text, student workbooks, case studies, articles and other business sources, students will be exposed to the major aspects of business management and entrepreneurship. Students will be required to “think critically” and draw conclusions based on different business situations. Additional topics include business communication, business ownership, business plans, financial reports, economic concepts, marketing, human resource management, and information technology.
|Term 1 Essay: Managing Through Chaos- due date: TBDTerm 2 Essay: Zappos- due date: TBD
Unit 1: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
Intro to the course.
- Unit 1 Student Handout
- Names Small Group Warm up
- Names Worksheet
- Organizational Design Activity
- Student Org. Design Examples
- Box/Obstacle Leadership Activity
- Entrepreneurial Areas & Opportunities
- Identifying Opportunities
- Graphic Organizer
This unit looks at communications topics.
- Active Listening – The BodyShop
- Airplane Conversation
- Amazing Race
This unit looks at elements of successful negotiation.
- Oil Pricing Negotiation
- The Zax (Dr. Seuss)
- Negotiation Definitions & Terms
- Negotiation Worksheet – blank
- Employment Negotiation – Pat
- Employment Negotiation – Terry
- Music Negotiation -Freaky Freddy
- Music Negotiation -GoRed
- Mason St. – College Student
- Mason St.- Mayor
- Ted Wiley – Agent
- Ted Wiley – Erive
- Rocky’s Legacy – both sides
- View “John Q”
Forms of Ownership
This unit looks at elements of business ownership.
This unit looks at the importance of financial information & financial statements.
Human Resource Mgmt.
This unit looks at elements of success
Independent lessons that can be taught individually or stretched across a business topic.
Business Management Lesson Plans
Updated on 2015-08-10T18:35:52+00:00, by .